OUR PLEDGE TO YOU, IN LIGHT OF COVID-19
At Jesmond Dene House, we love giving our guests experiences and memories to treasure for a lifetime. We hate COVID-19. As much as we’d rather never utter “coronavirus” ever again, the health and safety of our guests and staff is paramount and we appreciate that the experiences we seek to offer are founded on the reassurance of safety and security.
In acknowledgement of the steps we’ve taken to mitigate the risks associated with the pandemic, the Hotel has been given Visit England’s “WE’RE GOOD TO GO” mark, as well as being adjudged “AA COVID-19 Confident”. Further to this, below spells out some of the specific measures we’ve implemented for our guests’ and staff’s piece of mind:
- All our staff have been trained on the symptoms of the virus and how it can be spread. –
- The Team understand the importance of regular hand washing and how to prevent symptoms from spreading.
- Our staff have their temperature checked when they arrive on shift and know not to start work if they record a temperature of 37.5oC or above. They also know not to arrive at work should they have symptoms of COVID-19 or to alert management immediately should they develop symptoms whilst at work.
- Customer-facing staff will wear a face mask at all times.
- Our Housekeeping Team have increased the level of cleaning in public areas, using sanitisers to clean frequently touched areas such as door handles/toilet flushes.
- The staff have been briefed on how to react if someone appears to have symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 before or upon arriving at the hotel, we ask that you do not enter the building and return home immediately.
- A face mask is compulsory in all public areas of the hotel except when seated at a table for food or drink.
- On arrival at the hotel, please come to Reception and check-in using the NHS Track and Trace QR code. If you do not have the app, then please sign in at Reception.
- A Team member will then take your temperature, using a contactless forehead device.
- We hope to make your check-in process quick and easy, using a Pre-Registration form prior to your arrival when possible.
- Bedroom keys will be sanitised before being handed to you.
- If you require assistance with your luggage, we will ask you to go to your room and a staff member will then follow with your luggage and leave it outside the door for you to collect.
- Please maintain a social distance from others who are not part of your household, when you are at the hotel.
- Our lift is limited to one household at a time and we ask that you use sanitiser before entering.
- Sanitiser stations are available to use throughout the hotel.
- Your bedroom will be fully sanitised prior to your arrival.
- During your stay, our staff will not enter your room unless required to do so for assistance. There will be no cleans mid-stay (unless your stay is for longer than 3 days) and our usual Turndown service will not be available. Should you require additional items for your room throughout, however, we will be happy to arrange these to be brought to you.
- Our restaurant and lounge tables will be deep cleaned after each sitting and linen will be replaced.
- Single-use menus will be in use in the restaurant.
- We will only offer table service.
- We promote a cashless policy.
Most of all, our Team cannot wait to wait to welcome you home. We are tremendously grateful for your patience, cooperation and loyal support. Our pledge to you is that we will do our utmost to reconcile your memorable experiences with our dedication to everyone’s health and safety.